COVID-19: What we know, what we're doing, and what we need from you.
I'm reaching out to help inform you of the changes that are happening to the Tax and Accounting landscape right now as a result of COVID-19.
What We Know:
- In efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the IRS and many states have extended the filing deadline for taxes to July 15th. They have also shut down the operation of many businesses.
- July 15th is now the deadline to file and pay your Federal Taxes, as well as State of Colorado taxes.
- April 15th's estimated payments have also been delayed until July 15th for Federal and Colorado taxes.
What We're Doing:
- Effective immediately, our team will begin working remotely from home. We will not have anyone in our office and our office will be closed (while we continue working from home).
- We are continuing to service clients on a first-in, first-out basis and, while we are running into significant delays, will continue to work with clients remotely as much as possible.
What We Need From You:
- Your Documents: We highly encourage you to use our client portal, which can be found here: https://csaaccounting.clientportal.com
If you have physical documents that need to make their way to us, please mail them to:
7114 W Jefferson Ave
Lakewood, CO 80235
Someone will be checking our mail at least once per week.
- Your patience: We're not accustomed to working remotely, and we're running into limitations due to many things shutting down (our software support, some government agencies, etc). We're unfortunately running behind, but we're working as fast as we can and appreciate your patience.
- Your Loyalty, and Your Honesty: It's a scary time for our clients, and we understand that. We appreciate your business, now more than ever, and hope that you'll stick with us during this trying time.
But, we also need you to be honest. If you've already started the process with us but don't want us to do your taxes just yet, please let us know immediately.
Also, if for any reason you see yourself having trouble paying our invoices, we need you to reach out with that information ASAP. Our households rely on our invoices being paid, and we need to devote our attention first and foremost to tasks that are going to keep our employee's salaries paid during this already difficult time.